Friday, August 11, 2006

Intention

\In*ten"tion\, n.
A stretching or bending of the mind toward of the mind toward an object; closeness of application; fixedness of attention; earnestness. (dictionary.net)

I’d like to expand on the idea of an Artist Statement.
Actually I have lots of statements.
They change all the time.
And what good is a statement if its just a proclamation?
I think that Art and our feelings and thoughts about it are best explored in a conversation between the artist, the art and the viewer.
So that’s my intention here; to get a dialog going about art and it’s position and ability to spark connections between people.
Not just “oh I like that!” or “I don’t” but what does it mean?
What does it matter?

Vin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home