Saturday, May 19, 2007

Eco-Art

Eco-Art


The term can be used generally to refer to art dealing with ecological issues
and/or the natural environment:


  • by raising awareness of the fragility of nature
  • investigating natural phenomena
  • using natural materials gathered outdoors
  • not contributing to environmental degradation

Still working twards defining my dissertation topic and have surrenderd to the the creative process at work. This process is both personal and environmental. The two are intertwined.












I am sometimes so overwhelmed by the disasters and traumas I see around me that I am brought to my knees in prayer and humility. After jumping in over my head with plans for this large collaborative project I realized that Iā€™m still, at heart, a solitary artist. Collaborative public works are dramatic ways to engage with the Spirit of Community but not the only way. There are many artists and social activists who work quietly behind the scenes making small contributions where they can. I am reminded of Dominique Mazeaud's "Great Cleansing of the Rio Grande" http://www.earthheartist.com/ and the possibility that my art practice can through individual compassionate actions.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your work, have your pic back from Paris,buzz1ligh9year71@yahoo.com.au
Email me please

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home